Minesworn
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:28:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum Stats
33137 Posts in 4149 Topics by 5480 Members
Latest Member: Milwaukee
Home | Forum | Help | Login | Register
Minesworn  |  MineSworn Minecraft  |  Support and Help  |  Enchantment Guide
230 Guests, 0 Users

« previous next »
Pages: [1] | Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enchantment Guide  (Read 4236 times)
almond0
Power Noob

DnD: Chaotic Evil
Faction: Glacius
Games: ROTMG, LOL.
PlayStyle: Socialite
Politics: Moderate

lolwut

« on: April 27, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »

Here's my enchantment guide.

Overview
So you've completed you're diamond tool/armour set 10 times over. Now what? Well, you've just touched the tip of the iceberg with getting powerful tools. Anyone can make diamond tools, you get enough for a set of armour and the pick/shovel/sword set everyday through voting. So to truly get the best items, you must enchant your tools.

What does enchanting do, you ask? Well, a whole lot of things. Some are good at letting you tank things, some let you get blocks you couldn't get otherwise, and some simply make the tool better at what it's supposed to do. There are 25-ish enchantments for you to get, and it won't be quick.

The Basics
First and foremost, you need an enchantment table. There are several at spawn, but most bases should have one, so I will show you how to craft one.

Not too expensive, although books need leather now, which is annoying. Next thing you need is levels. This is simple, and if you have managed to grab diamond tools, you will hopefully have a few by now. For the first enchantment, just do your daily votes. This will provide you with more than enough exp. Now you can place your enchantment table down. Make sure it is in an open area. If you right click it, you will see low level enchantments, like so.

Since we are level 30, we do not want this.

So head to spawn (/spawn), and follow this route to the enchantment tables.
Route to Enchanters

The new spawn is laggy, sorrys! You can use these for now, although try to make the same design at your base eventually. When you open the table, you will see a low level, a high level, and a medium level. The medium and low levels are ranges, but the high level is always the highest.

Choose the highest level, and put your tool back in your inventory. Hover over it to see the enchantment.

Not bad ;). Now you know how to enchant. In the next part I'll talk about getting more exp, and which tools to prioritize.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:54:38 pm by almond0 » Logged
Ah, big plays.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

Part 2
So you can enchant something. Once a day. That's nice, but being able to do it more often is key. So we need to find other ways to get exp. The three main vanilla ways are killing mobs, smelting ores, and mining. Mining is the least tool intensive, and gets you more resources. Smelting also comes from mining. This makes mining much better. Normally. Here on minesworn we have the ULTIMATEARENA plugin. This is what I use to gain my exp quickly.

Now if you just want the exp, head over to castle, prison if castle is closed, or insanity if you are a boss. These are mob arenas. You can choose any class, but I recommend brute if you have nice fps. Otherwise,  just go with sniper or whatever you feel comfortable with. In castle, make sure to be clearing the walls and the towers regularly to stay alive and win. If you are going to die and on your last life, camp on the ladders until your time runs out to not lose as much exp. For prison, just run around and dodge attacks. This requires better mechanics. For insanity, just please do not choose a melee.

And repeat. Now that space is here, coal cores and lapis cores are amazing. If you get a lapis core big enough though (10x10), you should probably just sell it to riptide4.

Now for the priority bit! Pick>Sword>Boots>Chestplate>Helmet>Leggings>Axe>Shovel. Do a bow only if you get a book with Power/Flame/Infinity/Punch. You could put swords over picks depending on your play style, and chestplate and leggings could come before helmet and boots. That priority is made for an even mix of PvE and PVP. Also, shovels, the armour, picks, and bows have NO bad enchantments. But more on that in the next part.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:25:20 pm by almond0 » Logged
Ah, big plays.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01:06 pm »

Part 3
This part is a list of enchantments.

Protection: Reduces damage from everything except a few select things(The Void, /kill, hunger). Highest level is IV. Available on all pieces of armour. This is the enchantment you want when enchanting armour.

Fire Protection: Reduces fire damage, it also makes fire go out faster.
Highest level is IV. Available on all pieces of armour. Not bad, do like the fire extinguishing effect though.

Feather Falling: Protection against fall damage (includes ender pearls). Highest level is IV. Available on boots. Great when ender pearls are enabled, but it's still a nice bonus either way.

Blast Protection: Reduces explosion damage and knockback. Highest level is IV. Available on all pieces of armour.Good for blowing stuff up, I guess :P. Protection is still better.

Projectile Protection: Lowers damage from all projectiles. Highest level is IV. Available on all pieces of armour. Nice that it works on blaze/ghast fire, but as always, Protection is better!

Respiration: Each level gives you another 15 seconds of breathing time, and another 1 second between damage. Highest level III. Helmet only. I love this. 45 seconds+the base breathing time at max. <3.

Aqua Affinity: Lets you break blocks at the normal speed underwater, although you have to be standing for it to have full effect. Good for ice planet mining, great for obsidian mining. Nice.

Thorns: Has a chance of reflecting damage back at the attacker. Has extra wear on the armour. Highest level III. Available on all armour, but you need an enchantment book and an anvil for everything but chest-plates. Only potentially bad armour enchantment. It's fine for PvP box, but the durability thing sucks.

Unbreaking: Increases durability. Highest level III. Available on everything that is able to be enchanted, but for armour, swords, shears, fishing rods, carrots on sticks, hoes, flint and steel, and bows you need an enchantment book and an anvil. Why not? It's good. Period.
[spoiler]
TAKEN FROM MINECRAFT WIKI.
Armour: (60 + 40/(Level+1))% chance a use reduces durability. On average, armor lasts 20%-30% longer.
Sword:(100/(Level+1))% chance a use reduces durability. On average lifetime is (Level+1) times as long.
Tools: (100/(Level+1))% chance a use reduces durability. On average lifetime is (Level+1) times as long.
Bows: (100/(Level+1))% chance a use reduces durability. On average lifetime is (Level+1) times as long.
[/spoiler]

Sharpness: Tons of damage. Highest level IV without enchantment books, V with them. Available on the melee weapons, but you need anvil+books for the axe. Best damage ability for melee. Get it.

Smite: Extra damage on zombies, pigzombies, skeletons, and withers. Highest level V.  Available on the melee weapons, but you need anvil+books for the axe. Extra damage is potentially 10 hearts(20 damage) at level V, which is higher than sharpness. Good for killing withers, but otherwise? No.

Bane of Arthropods: Extra damage to both spiders and silverfish. Highest level V.  Available on the melee weapons, but you need anvil+books for the axe. No. You shouldn't get hit by spiders, and Sharp II Diamond sword or a crit will kill silverfish.

Knockback: Knocks stuff back! Highest level II. Available on swords. Ugh! NOOOOOOO! Not this enchantment. It's nice sometimes and does allow you to kite people with better armour than you, but it really, really, really hurts sneak attacks. Very acquired taste, I would rather have my god sword without it.

Fire Aspect: Adds the aspect of fire! Highest level II. Available on swords. Nothing bad about it. Nothing amazing, in high level PVP people will have Fire Resist, so it's not great at all. Still forces their potions though, and a sword is better with it for sure.

Looting: Each level adds one to max loot drop. Also increases the chance of rare drops. Highest level III.  Available on the melee weapons, but you need anvil+books for the axe. This one is nice. I mean, more loot is always good.

Efficiency:  Lets you break stuff faster. Highest level IV without anvil and enchantment books, V with them. Pretty much... it's good. Let's you break stuff faster, very simple, but very good. Mine obsidian. At level V you get +371% mining speed. Ouch.

Silk Touch Mined blocks will drop their block form instead of any other block if, and only if, the block can be mined with that tool. Highest level I. Available on the standard tools, plus shears with anvil and enchantment books. Okay. Doesn't stack with fortune. Nice. Good. Slightly over-rated.
[spoiler]TAKEN FROM MINECRAFT WIKI
Items which can be obtained legitimately only through use of Silk Touch: grass block, coal ore, lapis lazuli ore, cobweb, diamond ore, redstone ore, ice, mycelium, powered redstone lamps, emerald ore, huge mushroom blocks. Silk Touch does not work on: cake, carrots, cocoa pod, dead bush, fire, double slabs, farmland, melon and pumpkin stems, monster spawner, nether wart, potatoes, snow, tall grass, wheat, sugar cane. You can of course get coal ore, cobwebs, etc. From SwornRPG.[/spoiler]

Fortune: Makes stuff drop more stuff. Highest level III. Available on the standard tools. Yay! More loot=good. Use it on lapis and get a double drop for the lols! Level III gives you 100% on flint. Oh and it doesn't really do much on hatchets.
[spoiler]TAKEN FROM MINECRAFT WIKI
For coal, diamond, emerald, quartz and lapis lazuli, level I gives a 33% chance to multiply drops by 2 (averaging 33% increase), level II gives a 25% chance each to multiply drops by 2 or 3 (averaging 75% increase), and level III gives a 20% chance each to multiply drops by 2, 3 or 4 (averaging 120% increase). For redstone, carrots, glowstone, melons, nether wart, tall grass, and wheat (seeds only), each level increases the drop maximum by +1 (+2 for tall grass, maximum 4 for glowstone and 9 for melons). For gravel, the drop rate of flint is increased to 14% at level I, 25% at level II, and 100% at level III.[/spoiler]

Power: MOAR DAMAGE!@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Highest level is IV without anvils and books, and V with them. Available on bows. A bow equivalent of Tons of Damage. Since this is the only damage modifier for bows, it makes enchanting bows very safe.

Punch: Knocks stuff back. Highest level is II. Available on bows. This is why you would use a bow over a gun. Kite those meleers.

Flame: Shoots flaming arrows. Highest level is I. Available on bows. Soooo many cool stuffs with this! Flaming arrows look amazing as well. GET THIS. It can ignite TNT which is so cool and awesome.

Infinity: Infinite arrows. Requires you to have one in your inventory. Highest level I. Available on bows. One of the reasons that you would pick bow over sniper rifle. No ammo!

I think I'll talk about god stuff or enchantment books on the next part. Probably it for today guys.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:37:35 pm by almond0 » Logged
Ah, big plays.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »

Part 4: Your God Sword
Getting god equips is kind of like getting the right magic items in WoW, or maxing out your stats in a number of different MMORPGs: very tedious and long. That doesn't mean it's not worth it. It is. It makes you a real force, and let's you show off on the forums if you want.
Step 1
This is the gathering step. You need to get lots of books, and an anvil or two. Usually after anvil drop you can get 10 or so, but I'll show you how to craft one:

31 Iron Ingots total. (FUN FACT: Anvils have 6000 Blast Resistance.)
So place that down anywhere you like, and get on with the next bit.
The next bit is getting books. Books are a pain, since you need leather and sugar cane, so good luck.
Step 2
Now you need to choose if you want to make it from scratch, or from an already enchanted sword. If you have a full durability(ish) enchanted sword with: Sharpness V, Unbreaking III, (Knockback II if you want it), Fire Aspect II, or Looting III, you can start with that. If not, then it will take a while. DO NOT enchant a new sword for this, you may get smite and screw it up.

I'll be doing it from scratch. Okay, head over to an enchantment table with level 30+, and toss a book in. Choose level 30, and take out your book. It will have one random enchantment, like so:

I got Knockback II. I don't really want this on my sword, but I'll do it for the guide. So toss it in the anvil with your sword, and voila! KB II.

Now you must keep doing this until you get:
Sharpness V (ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH ANVIL)
Unbreaking III (ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH ANVIL)
Looting III
Fire Aspect II
(Knockback II-optional)
On the last combo, make sure to name your sword ______'s GOD SWORD so nobody can steal it!

You then do this for all of your tools, and you have a god set! Hide the chest! Get it ownered if possible! Then, you win.

I don't have Unbreaking III Flint&Steel yet :(
[spoiler]List of God enchantments:
Armour:
Protection IV, Thorns III, Unbreaking III
Helmet Only: Aqua Affinity I, Respiration III
Boots only: Feather Falling IV
Sword: Look up :P
Axe: Sharpness V, Looting III, Silk Touch I, Fortune III, Unbreaking III, and Efficiency V.
Pickaxe, Shovel: Efficiency V, Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III, Fortune III
Shears: Efficiency V, Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III
Fishing rod, Flint&Steel, and Carrot on a stick: Unbreaking III
Bow: Unbreaking III, Power V, Punch II, Flame I, Infinity I
[/spoiler]
Next part is... I'll think of something ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:17:53 am by almond0 » Logged
Ah, big plays.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »

Got all that info from 1227.com
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:02:59 am by almond0 » Logged
Ah, big plays.
Dimpl
Batmin
Admin of MineSworn
Elite MineSwornian

DnD: Chaotic Good
Faction: Dimpl
Games: FTB, Realm, Hearthstone, Puzzle

Dimply! =3

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:22:12 pm »

Not bad? THAT IS AMAZIN :p. No useless enchants.

Also, for more customized enchanting, use the reading room in the corner. If it's still there.
Zazzy
Admin of MineSworn
Elite MineSwornian

DnD: True Neutral
Faction: Purt
PlayStyle: Raider

Deboss zazouka

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

Not bad? THAT IS AMAZIN :p. No useless enchants.

Also, for more customized enchanting, use the reading room in the corner. If it's still there.

Your reading room? Why would we remove it <3
Deboss Zaz. ;o
GarretSidzaka
Owner
Ultra-NoLife Overlord

DnD: Neutral Good
Games: EvE Online
Politics: Far-Left

Founder and Owner

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »

can you remake it dimple to have all 4 sides be movable and you kinda like warp in and out or something
Dimpl
Batmin
Admin of MineSworn
Elite MineSwornian

Faction: Dimpl
Games: FTB, Realm, Hearthstone, Puzzle

Dimply! =3

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:02 pm »

That's kinda unnecessary though... Also, it as a whole is kinda unnecessary now that enchantment tables are forced to show a range of levels, instead of only the highest few levels by the nearby bookshelves.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:15:24 am »

Well using stuff at spawn is kind of glitchy now :( Sometimes you can use levers and everything, sometimes you can't.

EDIT: 50th post!
Ah, big plays.
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:33:08 am »

Okay you can't use things if you have nothing in your hand.
Ah, big plays.
GarretSidzaka
Owner
Ultra-NoLife Overlord

DnD: Neutral Good
Games: EvE Online
Politics: Far-Left

Founder and Owner

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »

still want it dimpl, coz the levels have a nearly fixed variance
almond0
Power Noob

lolwut

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »

Should I add that to get Sharp IV/Eff IV you need to put two of them in an anvil? Thought it was self-explanatory, but then again...
Ah, big plays.
Hawkie
Badass

Faction: Rapture
Games: COD
PlayStyle: Builder

Hawksjake

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 04:39:35 am »

There are noobs
Naaa
Pages: [1] | Go Up Print 
« previous next »

mumble.minesworn.com:2362
Founded 5/19/2011
ENP LLC
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012
| Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 28 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.017s, 2q)